“Reshape the images in your head to match the vision in your heart.”
Visualizing your dreams means deliberately replaying a mental vision and image of where or who you would like to be. Leaders and successful people in every field cite visualization as a primary factor in reaching success. Even superstars like Oprah Winfrey and Will Smith have used the simple but powerful tool of “visualizing your dreams” to reach where they are today:
“In my mind, I've always been a superstar." Will Smith
- Focus on your dreams, aims, and objectives. Life is complicated and it’s easy to get tangled up in the chaos, leaving your dreams neglected and undernourished. Identify your goals and adopt persistence and perseverance toward achieving those goals.
- Go inward to discover what your true desires are. Make sure your aspirations are in alignment with YOUR inner truth, not someone else's. Pursuing goals that are externally motivated by greed, scarcity mindset, jealousy and fear, etc. can lead to heartache and hardship. Believe me, I know this from experience.
- Adopt a positive mindset and start living like a champion. Above all, get rid of the "self-pity" nature. If you imagine yourself a victor and behave like one, you will be one someday because,
“The man who wins is the man who thinks he can.”
- Experience the joy of achieving your dream by involving your sense organs in this process. If you want to be an Oscar winner, imagine it. Use supplementary material, for example, to set a stage in your room with a microphone. Prepare a speech and finally lift up the Oscar. This might sound crazy to a few of you, but you would be surprised at how many actual Oscar winners say they used to do the very same thing.
- Prepare stimulants and place them at different locations where you spend most of your time, such as your room or your workplace. Stimulants can be quotes that serve as reminders and help you to visualize your dreams. Consider the Oscar example again. You can save a picture of some Oscar winner in your cell phone with a dialogue that reminds you that, “you will be among the elite Oscar winners someday.”
- Above all focus on achieving your dreams and plan to work toward it.
J . K. Rowling asserts that,
“It does not do to merely dwell on dreams and do nothing.”
Remind yourself not to spend too much time daydreaming. Plan what you should do to achieve your goals and starting working on that plan with persistence, perseverance, and passion.
Let FitLife Revolution help you design your plan and stay on track to achieving your health & fitness dreams. Schedule your strategy session today!